Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Experience Witnessing Crack/Cocaine Abuse


When I first moved here, it was the off-season, and everything went rather smoothly. Then the summer season kicked in and rocked my world. Being a working person in the middle of tourists and on a beach was cool, but it really did a number on me the first time around.

Then, the off-season came around again, and I was looking for a break. But, I had this neighbor, and he invited me to have a drink or two with him. Everything seemed okay at first, but then he introduced the fact that he was networked with locals in the area who were into doing much more than just drinking and socializing.

The guy had a major crack problem, and come to find out he was bipolar and borderline schizophrenic. He was a nice guy for the most part, but he had major issues. Being my next door neighbor, it made the issues come way too close to home.

I dealt with that throughout the entire off-season last year, trying to help him the best I could. At times, he would get off the stuff and just enjoy his day, but without work and discipline, he kept going back.

What he really needed was to be in an inpatient treatment center so that he could get his life back in order. But, who knows if that is what is going to happen or not. I do know, however, that he moved to Texas to be near his Mom once the season kicked in again.

Hopefully, she will get him the help he needs and be able to convince him to check himself in so that he straightens his life out. He went through some pretty rough times, including a seizure, so time is definitely of the essence for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment